Skip to main content
- Shri Dinesh K. Patnaik is a career diplomat of the Indian Foreign Service with experience of over 25 years in a variety of interesting and challenging assignments.
- He has served in Indian Missions in Geneva, Dhaka, Beijing and Vienna.
- At Headquarters, he has served in the Europe West, External Publicity, Africa and UN Divisions.
- Shri Patnaik served as the Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Vienna from 2009 to 2012.
- He was India’s Ambassador to Cambodia from 2012 to 2015.
- He was India’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Morocco from 2015 to 2016.
- He was Deputy High Commissioner of India to London from 2016 to 2018.
- He was Additional Secretary (Indian Ocean Region) from November 2018 to July 2019 and thereafter Additional Secretary (CPV&OIA) from July 2019 to January 2020 in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He is currently Director General in Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- Ambassador Patnaik holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kolkata. He also holds a Master’s degree in Advanced International Studies from the University of Vienna and Certificate in International Studies from the Diplomatic Academy, Vienna.
- Ambassador Patnaik is married to Poonam who is an international educator. They have two daughters.