Skip to main content
- Applicant should be empanelled with ICCR
- Applicant who has not been sponsored before will be given preference
- Applicant should have a good professional record in the field of specialization, including the public performance in India.
- Applicant should have a good professional record in the field of specialization or work/working in an organization of repute, sufficient exposure through group/solo exhibitions in India/abroad etc.
- The photographs of each of the works proposed to be shown abroad should be attached. There should not be any controversial artwork.
- Applicant should submit separate details in case he/she will organize workshop or lecture, including the details of the institution/participants etc.
- The applicant must be at least a PhD holder and have a proven record of research in the fields like Indology, Indian History, Sociology, Indian Language, Linguistics or literature, Indian Music, dance, art or any other related subject. Special preference will be given to young scholars
- The Conference/Seminar in which the applicant intends to participate should be directly or indirectly related to Indian culture, literature etc. and not contrary to the objectives of ICCR and the policies of the Government of India.
- Applicant should attach his/her bio profile, abstract/full paper, invitation/confirmation letter from the organizers and brief note on the conference/seminar along with filled-in application form.
- Travel Grant is awarded to a visual/performing artist or a scholar who intends to perform/participate/in a cultural event/ festival/ exhibition/seminar/conference scheduled to be held abroad.
- Only Economy Class to and fro air-ticket by the shortest route, will be provided under the Travel Grant Scheme. No other expenses, like visa fees, board and lodging transportation etc. are met by the ICCR under this Scheme. Applicant must submit documents in support of source for meeting expenses other than air-ticket.
- Applicant should have a valid passport at least for six months from the date of his/her proposed travel for the event/festival/conference/seminar/exhibition.
- The form should be filled in completely in legible handwriting or should be typed.
- The application form, in duplicate, should be complete in all respects including two passport size photographs, copies of necessary documents as indicated in the application form, invitation of the host organization, details of the host organization professional experience details of the applicant etc.
- Each of the columns in the application form should be filled in and wherever the column is not related, applicant should write “Not Applicable”.
- The completed form should be sent to the Director General, ICCR Azad Bhavan, I.P. Estate, New Delhi-110002, at least 90 days prior to the event. Applications received after this timeline will not be entertained.
- The application will be examined by a Committee constituted for the propose and subsequently considered by DG, ICCR upon the recommendation of the Committee.
- Travel Grant will be considered subject to views/comments from the concerned Indian Mission abroad pertaining to the importance of the event/festival/exhibition credentials of the host institution/ organization, whether the participation of the applicant would uphold Indian interest abroad etc.
- Provision of Travel Grant will be purely at the discretion of ICCR for participation in any event/conferences keeping in view ICCR’s overall mandate, nature of the event, budgetary constraints etc.
- ICCR reserves its right to accept or reject any application for Travel Grant without assigning any reason whatsoever. The applicant must sign an Undertaking in this regard as prescribed in the Application Form.
- Report on the visit along with photographs for uploading in the social media statement of expenditure, original boarding passes, original bills/vouchers etc. should be submitted with the concerned Sectional Head within 15 days from the date of completion of the visit, failing which the applicant will not be considered for any assistance in future.
- Applicant would ensure that ICCR is given due acknowledgement for its support for his/participation by way of including ICCR’s logo and a brief write-up in the publicity material. Soft copy of the ICCR logo and write-up will be provided along with approval letter.
- Organizations/NGOs applying for travel grant should attach the documents related to their registration and its continuation with the concerned Central/State Authorities and other details e.g. date of registration, GST Number, Balance Sheet and an undertaking that it does not have any outstanding settlement of accounts/utilization certificate with any of the Government Department/Agencies
- The application must be signed by the individual/ leader of the group/Head of the organization as the case may be.