Cultural programmes/events organized by ICD Section during F.Y 2020-21
Incoming Cultural Delegation (ICD)
1. A beautiful musical creation “United We Fight” written and composed by Joe Alvares was commissioned in May 2020. Vocals were by Usha Uthup, Salim Merchant Shefali Alvares Rashid, Benny Dayal, Sonam Kalra, Chandana Bala Kalian, Joe Alvares, Salome Larry and Samira and music by Tubby, Pandit Ravindra Chary, Pandit Rakesh Chaurasia and Ustad Fazal Qureshi. The song was to help people, stay united and Ignite hope in the hearts of people and encourage them to think positive in this extraordinary circumstances of pandemic- Covid-19.The song was publicized all over the world through various ways- uploaded on website of ICCR, MEA, uploaded on Social media platforms ( Twitter, Face book and whatsapp groups), through Regional Offices of ICCR in regional languages and All Indian Missions/Posts/Cultural Centres abroad through their websites and other social media platforms and got overwhelmed response from all over the world.
2. Recorded cultural programmes were exchanged with other countries and its streaming on digital portals.
3. ICCR collaborated with Centre for Indian Classical Dances in organising a “Virtual Kala Yatra Festival” on 10th and 11th October 2020 and facilitated video recordings of Ramayana Group from Thailand. The Festival showcased episodes from the two great epics Ramayana and Mahabharata.
4. Since in person programmes were not possible. Online streaming of programmes in virtual mode under Horizon Series was done by various Regional Offices within India. The Council also collaborated organizations in organising prestigious cultural events like Rang Tarang, Bengaluru International Arts Festival. These Programmes were organized alongwith other regular events by ICCR under the Horizon Series.
5. The Council organized a Media Interaction on India’s Cultural Diplomacy and Soft Power on Wednesday, 18 November, 2020 from 6.30 pm at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club (FCC),19-AB, Mathura Road (Opposite Pragati Maidan Gate No. -7) New Delhi. Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and President, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) addressed the media persons about the progress made by ICCR during the last three years and the innovative path ahead.
6. The Council organized a meeting with all Heads of Divisions of the Ministry of External Affairs on 11 December, 2020 at C.B. Muthamma Hall, JNB .The meeting was chaired by Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and President, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), addressed by Foreign Secretary and attended by Sr. officers of Ministry of External Affairs,
7. A performance by Shri Mohd. Rafiq Langa, Rajasthani Folk , alongwith 14 dancers and musicians was arranged during “Kamal Sakhi programme” on 3 February, 2021 at 19 Teen Murti Lane, New Delhi.
8. The Council organised a programme “ An evening of culture and cuisine” on 17 February, 2021 at “Terrace Garden” Hotel Taj Mahal, Man Singh Road, New Delhi. Performances by three Cultural groups - Ms.Maitreyee Pahari, Ms. Preeti and Ms Oshin Bhatia along with their accompanists (Dancers & Musicians) was arranged on the occasion.
9. On the occasion of Mohan Shaheed Dibash (Language Martyrs’s Day) and International Mother Language day on 21st February, 2021 , a cultural performance by Shri Sukhvinder Singh & Party (Folk Dance) was organized at the Bangabandhu Hall, Bangladesh High Commission, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi on 21 February, 2021.
10. The National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) organized a two days event “Yatra Naryastu on 7th & 8th March 2021 on the occasion of International Women’s Day. ICCR collaborated with NGMA in this event. NGMA invited 100 women artists to paints a 100 meter canvas which was installed at the NGMA lawn. The theme was inspired by United Nations theme for International Women’s Day 2021. DG ICCR also invited women Heads of the foreign mission in Delhi and spouse of the Sr. diplomats to join the event on 8th March to paint on a 50 meter canvas installed at the NGMA Lawns. The Council organized a Cultural performance by Shri Anwar Khan (Folk Dance ) along with 14 female dancers and musicians on the occasion at NGMA Lawns and also hosted high tea for the 250 invitees on 8th March 2021.
11. A Media Interaction to apprise media persons of activities being undertaken by ICCR , was hosted at Rani Bagh (open air), Hotel Taj Palace, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi on 12th March 2021 and addressed by President, ICCR and DG, ICCR . A Cultural programme “Fusion Band” with a classical / folk dance performances by “Mrigya Band“and Swati Sinha and group (Kathak, Bharatanatyam & Kathakali) was organized on the occasion.