CALL FOR INTERESTED ARTISTS / CHOREOGRAPHER FOR CURATING A GALA CULTURAL PERFORMANCE ON THE OCASSION OF SCO SUMMIT AT NEW DELHI ON 3 JULY 2023
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) invites kind attention to the subject cited above.
2. "Shanghai Cooperation Organization" (SCO) is 8-member multilateral organization established in 15 June 2001. The current member States of the organization are China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The Chairmanship of SCO is by rotation for a year by Member States. Presently India is the Chair of SCO for 2022-23. For more information on the SCO please visit the weblink: https://www.mea.gov.in/Portal/ForeignRelation/SCO_Brief_September 2022.pdf
3. Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO Summit is scheduled to be held on 3rd 'July, 2023 in New Delhi. During the Summit, a Cultural Programme is to be presented. The venue of the banquet will be decided soon. ICCR has been entrusted with the responsibility of organizing 60 minutes cultural performance.
4. As per the existing tradition in SCO, one cultural group from each of the member States of SCO is invited. The group participation in the Gala performance will be appointed / deputed by the respective Member States of SCO. The Gala performance will showcase performances from the Member States celebrating the spirit of SCO. The performance will be sequenced in the traditional order as per SCO practice. Each performance should be of around 7 minutes duration.
5. ICCR intent to depute a Choreographer to curate cultural performance for which "Concept Note and 2 or 3 sample videos of proposed Indian element is invited. It is desirable that the choreographer should previously have curated shows as intended by ICCR
6. An Indian choreographer shall coordinate the entire cultural show. The appointed Choreographer shall choreograph a cultural performance of 60 minutes with artists / groups deputed by the SCO Member States. Also, Choreographer will present an Indian performance to showcase the variety and diversity of India's cultural heritage. It is desired that the Indian cultural performance should preferably be dances including classical, contemporary and folk with rhythmic catchy music and not heavy in content which may also include music / songs /dances of Golden Era of Indian Cinema etc.
7. For Indian presentation, Choreographer can appoint empanelled artists of ICCR. The payment of performance Fees will be as per the set norms of ICCR. The decision on the appointing of artists / groups will be of choreographer and shall need to be approved by ICCR. The payment of honorarium to artists / groups will be as per ICCR norms. Appointed Leader (s) of the group or /and individual group empanelled with ICCR can select accompanying artists for which ICCR will pay performance Fees as per the category in which the leader is empanelled. In case Leader / group are not ICCR empanelled, the Fees of artist will be at par with the Proficient Category of ICCR
8. Interested artists / choreographers may please fill up the enclosed form (with concept note) and video links and submit it to the office of Programme Director (ICD), ICCR, Azad Bhavan, IP Estates, New Delhi or email at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Thursday 01 June, 2023 by 1300 Hrs. For any query or assistance please feel free to contact Shri Arijit Biwas on Mobile numbers +91-9831740383.
9. ICCR reserves the right of selection or cancelation of selection of Choreographer at any time without citing reason.