Terms & Conditions for ICCR’s Fellowship Scheme (Senior & Junior):-
The terms and conditions of these fellowships are as follows:-
- A Senior Fellow will be paid a lump sum stipend of Rs. 1,150,000/- per month for the duration of his Fellowship, towards living expenses, accommodation, medical facilities, local transport, travel within India etc. The Council will not be liable for any expenditure incurred by the Fellow over and above this monthly stipend.
- In case of Junior Fellow, the lump sum stipend will be Rs. 50,000/- per month and again the Council will not be liable for any expenditure incurred by the Fellow over and above this monthly stipend.
- One economy class excursion return airfare would be provided by the Council to the Fellow.
- The tenure of the Fellowship would be for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months, starting from the day the Fellow joins the institution to which he has been affiliated.
- A maximum of 5 days time will be prefixed and also suffixed to the Fellow’s tenure period in India of cover travel/preparation time. Pro-rata payment of stipend will be made for these 10 days.
- For any fellowship exceeding three months, the Fellow has the option to spread the approved duration of the fellowship over two years with the following provision:-
- that the total stay of the Fellow in India under this scheme should not exceed the approved duration of the fellowships;
- that the minimum stay at any given time should be for three months;
- that travel/preparation time would be allowed only once during the duration of the fellowship;
- that only one economy class excursion return airfare would be provided by the Council during the entire duration the Fellowship, and
- that the final schedule for implementing the Fellowship should be intimated to ICCR, in consultation with the affiliate institution, within 60 days of the first arrival in India.
- The stipend for the first month will be advanced to the Fellow immediately on his/her arrival in India. In subsequent months, the amount would be paid by the 7th day of every month into Fellow’s local bank account. The Fellow would, therefore, need to open a local bank account at the earliest possible after his/her arrival and intimate the details of the Council.
- A report containing feedback and an assessment of the experience as an ICCR Fellow should be submitted to the Council at the end of the Fellow’s tenure.
- All output that is based on the work done by the Fellow during his/her tenure would be used in the public domain only after giving due credit/acknowledgment to the Council where relevant. The Council would also be entitled to use the relevant output in the Council’s own publications or activities, after giving due credit/acknowledgment to the Fellow.
- Since the Fellow would be associated with an institution, they would be required to interact extensively with the faculty/staff and other colleagues, subject to a mutual agreement on the modalities thereof, which may include being requested to give lectures, take part in panel discussions, hold workshops etc.
- The Council would arrange a gratis visa for the Fellow through the concerned Indian Mission/Post.
- The dates for arrival and departure of the Fellow should be indicated at least two months in advance to the India Mission in the respective country to ensure that suitable travel bookings can be made. However, if the dates for final departure from India cannot be finalized before arrival, the same may be finalized and in intimated to the Council within 60 days of the Fellow’s arrival in India.