Being a renowned scholar himself, Maulana Azad, the founder President of ICCR, recognized the significance and importance of literature. In his pursuit to disseminate Indian art, culture and philosophy through literature, he established the ICCR Library in 1950 by way of gifting his entire collection of books and manuscripts to the Council. This priceless gift of Maulana Azad is the core around which the ICCR Library has been built. This rare personal collection has been housed in a special enclosure, the “Gosha-e-Azad’.
The ICCR Library collection is one of the major cultural resources in India, and comprises more than 56,000 titles of books, journals, manuscripts, and magazines in English, Hindi and Urdu. The collection encompasses Indian art, culture, history, literature, philosophy, international studies and allied subjects. The Library is also the proud possessor of 197 rare manuscripts in Urdu, Arabic and Persian, which are also available on microfilm rolls.
The Library serves a broad-based clientele, which includes students, research scholars, government officials and diplomats specializing in the fields of humanities and culture.
- Library Membership.
- The online public access catalogue (OPAC) for bibliographic search of the catalogued books of the library. (Web OPAC is a powerful Search Engine for finding any catalogued information from Library database on-line).
- Fast Internet facilities.
- Some of the rare materials have been microfilmed, and readers can access these by using the microfilm readers installed in the library premises.
- Users can also utilize photocopying facilities and make copies of documents for scholastic activities within the framework of the rules of the Library.
- The ICCR Library is a member of the Developing Library Network (DELNET).
- Free consultation/reference membership.
- No borrowing facilities for individual members.
- Inter-Library loan facilities are available.
- Photocopying service within the limit of 10-15% of total content of resources/documents @ Re.1/- per page.
ADDITIONS TO THE ICCR LIBRARY
Books Procured in 2013-2014 (217 KB)
English Books (176 KB)
Hindi Books (166 KB)
Urdu Books (145 KB)
LIST OF NEWSPAPERS, JOURNALS AND MAGAZINESLIST OF NEWSPAPERS, JOURNALS AND MAGAZINES
Newspapers 2014-2015 (167 KB)
Journals 2014 (95.5 KB)
Magazines 2014-2015 (228 KB)
ARCHIVES OF LIBRARY FELLOWSHIPS